Friday, August 16, 2013

This is a picture that I had been wanting to take ever since I started learning how to use paint with light, don't mistake this as light painting, using a light source and a long exposure to move the light and paint a surface with it, I like to call any non natural light source that I place in a picture painting with light, to me natural light is light that I cannot physically alter in a photo such as the sun or lights that I cannot move or turnoff, It is true that I can however manipulate the light coming from those but I am not going to go into that. Getting back to this image, I had imagined this image, or actually a very similar image but that did not work as I intended so I worked with the model and achieved something else that I imagined The light on this was simple, just two strobes facing the opposite direction of my model each strobes light was bouncing off of a 3x4' mat board that were about 4 feet away from the model. there are many ways that could be done to light this same image and achieve the similar results.

No comments:

Post a Comment